Sunday, March 28, 2010

THE DRAMA BEGINS!

After so many years of rewriting, editing, and the many shedding of tears, I have finally seen the completion of this, my first published work. It is a great accomplishment for me and to those who still have aspirations of publishing, my advice would be to never give up and persevere.
DRAMA is about relationships, whether they are romantic or platonic and the issues that arise within them. My characters go through what I would describe as an emotional rollercoaster which seems to never end. Jaden, the main character is who I would describe as someone who tries to get along with everyone as well as act like a referee among her friends. The problem is when trying to be the “good guy” to what seems to be an out of control situation, the probability of being pulled into the chaos increases dramatically.

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/drama/8564044

DRAMA is a work of African-American lesbian fiction which I felt did not have much of a voice in the genre of gay and lesbian fiction and those books that I have read which dealt with same sex loving women of color were few and far between. I believe that we do have a voice….a story to tell and I try to do this in my own book.
The creation of this story helped to launch two other projects that I am currently working on and looking forward to seeing published at a future date. The storylines of course deal with African-American lesbians but with different plots. My next published work will deal with a taboo subject that effects all of the gay and lesbian community and that is the issue of domestic violence. One would not think same sex couples would have the same issues as their heterosexual counterparts but what makes us so different is also what binds us together. The second work of fiction which will be a challenge for me deals with the concept of espionage, assassins, and of course lesbian love. This to me will be my most challenging undertaking but it will be well worth it when it is completed.

http://www.writerwarrior.WebStarts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment